Intermediate Graphic Design. Prerequisites: GrD3000 with grade of C or higher. Must have taken GrD3150 (Intro Typography) or be taking it concurrently with GrD3200 this semester. Continued development of conceptual and traditional/ digital media skills including art direction, image-making, and specialized problem areas. The majority of this course is focused on re-branding and establishing an identity for a selected client. Lab Fee: $20.00. This blog is not endorsed or affiliated with GSU.
Friday, March 28, 2014
2014 Atlanta Jewish Music Festival Poster Design: Senior Matt Phejlada
Congratulations to Senior Designer Matt Phejlada whose original design was chosen from all the other work by senior graphic designers in my Senior Advertising class for the 2014 AJMF (Atlanta Jewish Music Festival) being held this weekend. The founder of AJMF Russell Gottschalk was on campus last week to have Matt sign/number the 70 original silkscreen commemorative posters to be sold this weekend at the Festival. This is the 3rd year that Russell and his AJMF team have asked GSU designers to contribute concept poster designs for this annual Atlanta music event. The poster chosen each year is awarded $200 for the design ( I match that amount each year as well.) Great job Matt!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Fantastic design! I love all the cartoon elements, as well as the simple and bright colors. This is definitely the type of design I'd like to end up doing. I'd love to have a chance to talk to Matt before he graduates.
ReplyDelete